Prelude

This blog is a depiction of my life's past, present and possibly, future- when I decide to invent a time machine.

Greetings to anyone who made the effort to visit(And of course, to those who stumbled into this page totally by chance). So for those who are here reading this, please turn a blind eye to the occasional over-cheesy post and the inevitable typo errors.

Have a nice day!
(Note: Refer to bottom of page for the "Korean Culture Shock-Heads up!" section where I jot down little oddities or just interesting facts about Korea, Seoul and its denizens)

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

dreaming myself to sleep

The laziest tuesday has dropped by for a visit today. It seems like the tuesday we all know is gone; eloped together with all the industriousness that usually comes hand in hand with a working weekday. I have taken a long rest from blogging mostly because I couldn't get into that emotional state of blogging eagerness and enthusiasm. Then there was, still is, the computer *EHEM!* that is so slow, that it deserves a new name: Windows T-W 2006, aptly named after it's greatest attribute to me (which is of course, time-wasting).
As I torpidly attempt to breathe life into this post, I hope I don't fall asleep on the keyboard.

Last night, I had the weird-est dream. And I still remember a big chunk of it; probably because I just woke up about 30 minutes ago. Anywho, the dream revolved around me and my little bro running away from foam like monsters. I don't know how I put up with the dream-making department in my brain to come up with things like these. But I guess everyone does. It's the dreams we have, no matter how short, how lame or how lack of common sense it may be at times, that gives us some respite from our awfully monotonous life. It can never take over reality- I wouldn't approve, not with ghastly foam monsters popping out everywhere- but it contributes some part to that "freshness" you get in the morning(the other reason is that of rest, physically speaking)
I don't really believe in night-time dreams being prophecies as I haven't had a dream that actually shows me the future. The closest I've got to predicting the future was when those spasmodic prophetic daydreams hit. It's like six sense only that this is abit more of a 5.1 sense. When the events happen, you get that deja vu sensation running through your veins. Hey, at least they have a specific short phrase to describe that(plus, it adds that click to the tongue which makes it lovable too :P) Or else, one would've struggled to describe that feeling and end up embarrassed and being looked upon by others as a fruitcake.
My parents and little bro returned to dad's hometown this morning, leaving the house to me. And my sister, and my house-guest, and the other person, and the lizards... you get the point. I was expecting a little more room and alone-time at home. I want to add some other stuff in here but I can't get myself to be more philosophical this morning, so maybe some other day.
NOOooo!! I just realized that we don't have Milo!?! WTF??? How can a Malaysian kitchen be deprived of the quintessential ingredient that puts the "Malaysian" in the Malaysian kitchen!!
But who's gonna get their lazy butt out of the house on the morning of this lazy tuesday public holiday, drive out to that remote convenient store far far away and get some fresh haze into his/her lungs.
Not me.

No comments: