Prelude

This blog is a depiction of my life's past, present and possibly, future- when I decide to invent a time machine.

Greetings to anyone who made the effort to visit(And of course, to those who stumbled into this page totally by chance). So for those who are here reading this, please turn a blind eye to the occasional over-cheesy post and the inevitable typo errors.

Have a nice day!
(Note: Refer to bottom of page for the "Korean Culture Shock-Heads up!" section where I jot down little oddities or just interesting facts about Korea, Seoul and its denizens)

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Rant on football, plus plus.

I've been feeling under the weather lately, maybe, possibly, probably because of the way I'm treating the holidays- like it's the last I'd ever have, by utilizing every utilizable hour with the costly expense of my own health.
What a fool.

That's why I'm altering the gameplay a little here. For the second week of my break, it's health 1st and salvaging what's left of my semester break second.
But you'd come to expect this from me... being foolish and crazy without realizing the hazards of pushing it over the limit.

Lets bring it back to wednesday morning, when I was facing the TV screen at 3am in the morning. The reason, Manchester United. Being 2-1 down at half-time lumped up with the below-par performance, I was a little flustered and annoyed by the way they just threw ball possession right back into Milan's hands at times.
Then came the second half.

Maldini was out, and to add to that, Gattuso followed suit. The turning of tides were imminent as the men in red begun to play with that joyful brio so often seen in recent times.
Slowly, the game was brought to Milan. All it took was a moment of brilliance by the ginger-headed midfield mastermind, and a deft finish by the guy who was largely overlooked by many and overshadowed by Ronaldo in the build-up to the game.
By then, I was on my feet, with fists clenched so tight that there were fingernail marks temporarily etched all across the face of my palms.
I, like all United fans out there, were sensing a victory (It's times like those that make you stand up and cut your nails into your hands) at the final whistle, but from where?
Even with regulation time all used up, and injury time ticking away, and the commentator voicing his observations on fans starting to leave their seats, I knew there was still hope. For what is a fan to do, but to cling on to the last seconds, hoping to see magic. More so if you're one who happens to support the Reds.
Then came the break. A cool headed Giggs's pass. Cue Rooney.

Lol. Was it worth staying up? Even though I managed only 4 hours of shut-eye?
Y-E-S.
But it isn't over just yet. OH nooo. There's still that diminutive matter of visiting the San Siro and trying to keep that lead. :P

It's become one lousy football rant, this one. So, turning my attention elsewhere, I got hooked onto kennysia.com just now. and that pal of his, naeboo. It got me wondering about their lifestyle. Which in turn made me wonder about MY lifestyle. ONe big hullabaloo, not.
I can't think of anything more depressing right now other than the lack of excitement in my daily hop through life. Then again, would I want my life to be full of frightening jolts out of the blue, rampaging runs with the mob, heavy clubbing thru the night and what not? Heck yeah. All I need now is some guts, attitude and dough.
My spending time on this post illustrates perfectly the urgency of the situation here.

Forming dreams won't kill you. It's it the un-realization of them that prove to be the pitfalls in our arduous journey forward. Dreams lead to tangible ideas, ideas are taken into action, action begets results- the fruits of our dreams. It may taste a tad sour, or worse, it may be inedible, but at least we tried. Besides, aren't we already used to pricking our ears to the "it's the journey that counts" or similar quotes being thrown about with wanton extravagance in novels and tv shows nowadays?

Note: Things I'm in love with after falling out of love with others.
Among others this one stood out, a chinese song 至少還有你 – 林憶蓮. Then there's drinking Nestumlo or mitum. Definitely NESTULO. Nestumlo goes smoother on the tongue (Nestumlo- Nestum campur Milo.. MMmmmm) and also twisting my ankle clockwise and anti-clockwise, as advised by mum+sis's yoga instructor (I suffered a knock during football session last friday at astrodome ><).
Gotta love that clicking sound when I twist my healing ankle. :P *maniac*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.o
u're not going to blog about the 2nd leg are u?

dongui_1 said...

There's nothing much of the 2nd to blog about is there? Except the fact that- like what the boss said- they lost to a better team on that night. There's still the double tho..:D

Anonymous said...

quiwan! u actually replied my comment. hahaha, first time.
anyway, forget the second leg, we've got the epl title =)