Prelude

This blog is a depiction of my life's past, present and possibly, future- when I decide to invent a time machine.

Greetings to anyone who made the effort to visit(And of course, to those who stumbled into this page totally by chance). So for those who are here reading this, please turn a blind eye to the occasional over-cheesy post and the inevitable typo errors.

Have a nice day!
(Note: Refer to bottom of page for the "Korean Culture Shock-Heads up!" section where I jot down little oddities or just interesting facts about Korea, Seoul and its denizens)

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Happy 2008

It's the new year.
What I have done to mark the beginning of 2008:
Went to a meaningless countdown at the curve. I've always believed that new years only give people a reason to go out and party til they drop.

Got stuck in the after-countdown party traffic congestion.
I'm back in college. Will do my best this time around. The turnaround begins HERE.

I'm still hooked to the soundtrack of Across the Universe.. >.<
[edit: I don't know what went wrong here, but the words just disappeared and I forgot what I wrote here...]

The way that we look at the world.... it doesn't actually change the existing matter that is around us. And yet, I find that one's own perspective of the going-ons around this globe and the way the chains are locked onto each other to set off a clockw
ork motion defines the way the world is to that person. A person's world is different to another because they see it differently, thus explaining why people tend to react differently when an issue is at hand. We may share the same world, but each person's view (consequently, their lives) differ.

We cannot tell a person that the world is beautiful and bright when all that guy's been through in life is nothing less than miserable
. By the same token, we cannot tell a naive, hard-headed idealist that the world is evil and dark and expect him/her to take it in without pulling out all the stops to prove you wrong first (or at worst, die fighting).
Yes, we can warn people about the dark side and cheer some up with the bright, but in the final analysis, we shouldn't force a person
to change his/her stance just because of the different manner in which the world is shaped inside their heads as compared to ours.
I personally believe that there is a balance of both in our world. I choose to believe that there is always hope for those who never give up.


Here's to a yearful of untapped virgin potential practically SHOUTiNG at us to embrace and expand.

*Cheers!*

It's a little late, I know.
Nevertheless, it's never too late to share that watching the sun of 2007 set was actually OK.


I await the days ahead with apprehension and silent optimism.


I wish you were here... Oh how I wish our feet were rooted to the spot where we began. Would cause less hassle, don't you think? But it's good in a way.... knowing that you have something you're willing to fight for, something to look forward to :).

No comments: