Prelude

This blog is a depiction of my life's past, present and possibly, future- when I decide to invent a time machine.

Greetings to anyone who made the effort to visit(And of course, to those who stumbled into this page totally by chance). So for those who are here reading this, please turn a blind eye to the occasional over-cheesy post and the inevitable typo errors.

Have a nice day!
(Note: Refer to bottom of page for the "Korean Culture Shock-Heads up!" section where I jot down little oddities or just interesting facts about Korea, Seoul and its denizens)

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Warmth

I awoke today to the sound shuffling feet outside my room door. Uncle and Aunty (Jerm's parents) were leaving... Goodbye home-cooked meals, goodbye non-stop restoration of this dumphole that we call home, goodbye family warmth..
They left this morning after spending the weekend here with Jerm. I feel that despite what may be hidden under the veneer, a family gathering during CNY is definitely more than you could ask for when you're half a globe away from home sweet home. Not to say that I'm being a little kid who can't stop thinking of home. Being independent is one thing, but having that sense of security and homeliness that only uncles and aunts can bring to a home is another.
This is what I miss most about home.

Back to work.. Studies, Massoc... and everything else that has been keeping me sane and distracted.
I have a seminar in 2 hours... wish me luck!

No comments: