A bright sunny day in WHoCaresAHootaBoutYou-land. We caught up with myself who was right in the middle of a monologue.
Setting: A dingy cafe which looks more like a standard UK bar than a place to have your morning coffee.
1:......which is, there is nothin' better in life than a mouth-full of chocolate. Anyway, change of topic.
It's hard to believe that university life's coming to an end soon right?
It's hard to believe that university life's coming to an end soon right?
2: Really, is that all you gotta say? If you think about it, you go to college and then a university in utopia. People are kinda expecting something outa this right? Look in the mirror dude, you've achieved nothin'.
1: I'm just glad that I've managed to enjoy uni life. What do you think I'm doing here struggling with the organization of thoughts. Just too much of em'! It's a gradual transformation towards improvement that an outsider would notice.
2: Oh, right. You call sticking to your small band of friends, doing your thing with last minute studying, getting pushed around and failure in the dating scene a good change?
1: Expect all they can, do you think I care?
2: You're just saying that. It's not THEM you gotta satisfy... you yourself have to be happy with the outcomes from your decisions.
1: Ok, fine, I care a little what others think. I'm not the only one. Try as I may, I can't avoid feeling an obligation to TRY and fulfil what society expects from me.
2: See, you're livin' a lie. For instance, you go around, making acquaintances and then losing them like they were tissues.
1: Hm, I'd say that I've gained experiences and no, I didn't lose as many friends as you'd like to think. Don't you go dissin' my friends! I may not know many of them well, but they've been the backbone of my life here.
2: Right. So what's this about you going off somewhere and not returning home in awhile?
1: SHH! It's... still a plan in the pipeline. I don't know what I'm gonna do if I go back.
2: If I were you, I'd be damn exasperated now when I think about the future and the nothingness I have in front of my eyes.
1: Ahh, don't worry, down this shot of coffee then we'll be on the road again. Just take the shit as it comes flying our way. It's too soon to pave the path to being a success in life anyway.
2: Rubbish. Look at C, Y, and all them smartAlecs, they've got their whole life planned. We gotta at LEAST be prepared to face the fact that some PLAN has to be formulated??
1: Erm... I have the next 7 months planned? Howsbout that?
2: Pthh, you call this a plan?? Lemme summarize this up for you. Your MASTER plan for the next 7 months: "I'm going on a traineeship but I dunno where; I've got a summer in Leeds, but dunno what I'm gonna do here AND; I'm going home for the lunar new year 2011, but I dunno what's after that."
1: Ye..ah.
2: You're a joke.
1: Shutup. Just go with the flow dude.
2: NO, You shutup! It's ALWAYS you you you. You're the Heart, you're the Emotion and you're what Quiwan calls LIFE. We know what happens when you dictate his life. Think November 2007 to February 2008.
1: oohhh *waves hands about sarcastically* Mr Practical wants to take control now. You think I like YOUR way of moving us forward?? Studies, what is this? HOW MUCH of this are you going to use in your life? Howabout learning something USEFUL for a change? Like learning how to keep friends or make a chocolate cake??
2: ...
1: Life's simpler than that, ok.. Compromise?
2: How? ... Screw this. I think you're wrong and I'm right! This discussion was doomed to FAIL from the beginning! We should only do it MY way from now on!
1: Whoa, calm down. We'll talk ok. It's not over, you and I. We just gotta find some common ground- together, we'll make it through. Puh-leaaase, lets talk it over another cup of coffee?
2: ... FINE, but you're buying.
1: *mumble mumble* I don't know why you're always asking me to buy, it's gonna come out from the same wallet anyway.
2: Just shutup and let me drown myself in this overdose of caffeine.
1: Cheers to that.
*And so, another day goes by without purpose, direction or target being set*
_____________________________________________
As we drive down this busy road towards whatever destination- be it a temporary sojourn or a place to settle after far-sighted deliberation- it is sometimes worth peering out the side windows.
...to look out for signs.
Perhaps a window of hope is shining its beacon at your direction and all you gotta do is to look out for it.

When you've reached a pitstop. Wait, before you start planning towards your next target.
Take a breather. Look yonder over the sea of civilization...
'cause you might just miss this magnificent view that's staring you right in the face.
No comments:
Post a Comment