Prelude

This blog is a depiction of my life's past, present and possibly, future- when I decide to invent a time machine.

Greetings to anyone who made the effort to visit(And of course, to those who stumbled into this page totally by chance). So for those who are here reading this, please turn a blind eye to the occasional over-cheesy post and the inevitable typo errors.

Have a nice day!
(Note: Refer to bottom of page for the "Korean Culture Shock-Heads up!" section where I jot down little oddities or just interesting facts about Korea, Seoul and its denizens)

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

1, 2, 3 weeks


When you're trying to survive, you don't often feel the urge to blog I should think. >.<.

I've just done 75% of my "homework" from the office and I feel like my eyes are going to drop out. And YET I refuse to turn in.

Anywho, here are some pictures of the last couple of weeks. (Last week passed really quickly for some reason). The week before last, I was nominated by my 상무님 (manager? lol...) Sang mu nim to join the company's local internship 1 week course. It was pretty dull most of the time due to the fact that I couldn't understand what the talks were about! Well, except one, which was, (thnk gd) in English. :P. Come to think of it, there were a couple of others who were quite kind to underline the main points of their talks in whatever English they could muster. *respect!*

Anyway, korean language learning is still quite slow. Especially now that I have work to do.

AIESEC Hanyang's David, Jiun and a few others have been wonderful as they kept in touch even though it's their exam period. Well, I'm going to bug them more after this; that's a given.

Colleague's birthday (1st week of work)

Christmas lights are up!

This is my home....I wish

Wangsimni Station, 5 mins from home.

ANTS in my rice grains!!! Solution: FREEZE those buggers, wash em out.

Outside of GyeongBukGung (didn't go in because... lol. SOMEONE was late)

Instead, 2 sundays ago, Jiun, David and I took a stroll around the  GyeungBukGong/Gwanghuamun area. 



Grey scale pictures showing snapshots of the Korean war. General MacArthur is S.Korea's Hero what with the landing at Incheon.


Not ready LARH. Anyway, Se Jong the Great's behind me on his throne. He was the creator of my biggest problem now- HANGGUL! :P. I'm only half joking of course. The Korean language owes much to this dude.

I forgot whose statue was supposed to be on that pedestal (now boarded up on 4 sides..looking like some sort of unfinished tower), but it is now under maintenance. I think it was a great general who fought off a Japanese invasion. Notice how it looks like a changing room? It even has a piece of "clothing" draped over the right hand side :P. Yep, the general's changing. I found it really creative, this one!

Jiun and David in front. Skating rink being set up on the left. Going to come back for this soon!

Jiun and David

닭도리탕 dakdoritang (Spicy chicken stew) MMmmm. Tastes spicy and a little sweet. Had this together with 닭꼬치 (roasted chicken meat - like satay) Taggochi Which isn't shown here... but equally as delicious! 

That's all for now. I need to catch some sleep. Work's going to be a bitch tomorrow. zZzzZzz

No comments: