Prelude

This blog is a depiction of my life's past, present and possibly, future- when I decide to invent a time machine.

Greetings to anyone who made the effort to visit(And of course, to those who stumbled into this page totally by chance). So for those who are here reading this, please turn a blind eye to the occasional over-cheesy post and the inevitable typo errors.

Have a nice day!
(Note: Refer to bottom of page for the "Korean Culture Shock-Heads up!" section where I jot down little oddities or just interesting facts about Korea, Seoul and its denizens)

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

From Bagdes to the Stadium!

Skype conversation...

Concerned parent: *in a joking tone* "So... you don't want to remove that yellow badge ar?"
Stubborn kid: "Not really, why?"
Concerned parent: "not scared the police will catch?"
Stubborn kid: "They can come to Korea and catch if they want..."
[not to mention detain the other thousands of facebook users with the yellow badge if they can]



All jokes aside, it's really a whole bigass heap of rubbish; that's what's going on back home. The real culprits aren't the ones who choose to support a just and legit plead for the correction of a very flawed system. The real culprits aren't those who were detained as nonsensical stories were made up to keep things under control. 


All we CAN do now, is to stay the course. Get those 8 demands sorted. As I've said before, we shouldn't count our chickens before they hatch! I expect another dirty trick up the MAN's sleeves.


Sidetrack: One childish observation I've made via facebook is that the number of badges appearing (excluding the ones whom I've just added as friends), are increasing everyday :). A good sign of awareness amongst the Malaysian youth perhaps.




No comments: