Prelude

This blog is a depiction of my life's past, present and possibly, future- when I decide to invent a time machine.

Greetings to anyone who made the effort to visit(And of course, to those who stumbled into this page totally by chance). So for those who are here reading this, please turn a blind eye to the occasional over-cheesy post and the inevitable typo errors.

Have a nice day!
(Note: Refer to bottom of page for the "Korean Culture Shock-Heads up!" section where I jot down little oddities or just interesting facts about Korea, Seoul and its denizens)

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Contrasting emotions

Bliss, sorrow, longing, contentment, loneliness and even that pinch of inspiration flood through the room this very moment for some reason. All of them mixed in that whirlpool of emotions, blending with one another till all that’s left is a complex concoction of simplicity. It’s like math: one negative cancels out another negative (multiply lar…). There’s a sort of Zen-like quality about this, so much so that everything seems to be easily comprehended. Weirdly, all that it takes to ignite this soothing sensation is a light push from Mother Nature herself; in my case, the gust of wind that’s making the leaves brush against each other, emitting that rustling sound right outside my 2nd floor window. The only thing that is (was) interrupting my moment, is(was) the annoying engine-rumbling, tyre-screeching, music-blasting idiot and his car downstairs. He’s gone now btw. The wind continues to blow and whistle, like an unrelenting force that can never be thwarted. Throwing away the scientific theories about atmospheric pressure and temperature and the weather now. The wind seems to come and go as it pleases, taking a part of this place to a foreign land across the sea, the mountains. If you ask me, it’s fun sometimes just to sit and watch the force of nature express itself without turning to Science for explanations.
As you might already know, I’m more of a helpless romantic than a practical, down-to-earth guy.


This is the price I have to pay for going on an "adventure". As much as I miss my TV set, my desktop (no offence intended, Laptop), family and bed (not in that particular order, of course), life waits for no one. How you take it on really depends on yourself. Do you live, and ONLY live the moment? Do you try to trap it in a box so that it’ll last forever? Immerse yourself without making it necessary to capture the moment, that’s what I say. Moments that are of great value to us should never be trapped (if such an action is possible); nor should we be ignorant to life’s beauty, that wouldn't be too clever now, would it?

Come what may, I’ll be here to greet it; be it a misfortune that’d last a decade, or an obstacle I have to pass to reach my goal, or a brain-cracking decision-making moment at the cafeteria to choose what I should have for lunch.

As for NOW, I think some sleep would do me good.

___________________________

[Two days later]
Felt a little depressed yesterday.. As depression turned into anger, I accidentally vented some of it this morning on an innocent passerby who was unlucky enough to be there when I lost it. I'm sorry, sorry, sorry...
Feel that I'm handicapped in a way that only I know. Anyways, had to post this today because I'm back home. The internet connection in my hostel room has been at its worst all week long.

What prompted me to come back home, even with the knowledge that there will be classes the day after tmr? Reasons:
  1. To watch tonight's man utd match within the comforts of my home sweet home.
  2. There's the ARA finale tmr evening. Go Andrew and Syeon!
  3. I was starting to feel pressured over there.
  4. FINE! I missed home OK?
Human emotions are such a bother sometimes, what with their unpredictability. It's times like, say, last night, when music becomes MY food of love, giving me the strength to play on. (Mr. Shakespeare wouldn't mind if I borrowed a little quote of his, would he? :P) Ciao.
Pics below: my gal. XD no lah, just some Japanese girl who was at the mid-valley exhibition thing 2 weeks ago.

"If music be the food of love. Play on."



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm... lack of sleep seem to make ppl like you and I cranky and depressed. HAHAHA!!

Man... u're giving me a lil peek at how living on "your own" is gonna be like >< .

Scared ><