Prelude

This blog is a depiction of my life's past, present and possibly, future- when I decide to invent a time machine.

Greetings to anyone who made the effort to visit(And of course, to those who stumbled into this page totally by chance). So for those who are here reading this, please turn a blind eye to the occasional over-cheesy post and the inevitable typo errors.

Have a nice day!
(Note: Refer to bottom of page for the "Korean Culture Shock-Heads up!" section where I jot down little oddities or just interesting facts about Korea, Seoul and its denizens)

Thursday, March 22, 2007

INTI-an night

Last night, INTI's mph was the venue for our own Intian night, which was supposed to be the "biggest event of the year" but in my opinion, just fell short of the target.
Everyone knows that the best restaurant in town relies 100% on its customers whereas the most prestigious award ceremony would seem like a failure without some big names. Nights like the one yesterday require one thing in common besides a long list of first string performances- an audience.
Don't get me wrong, I know lots of people turned up for the event. There was an audience (DUH), just not one with enough magnitude and exuberance to put the night on top of the long list of 'nights' they have here in college.

After weeks of practice, the troupe I was in meekly saw our performance through and it really got to me as I felt that we had let our seniors down. Dwelling on the mistakes that some of us made didn't make it feel any better either.
Yet, there was something that proved to be a crucial tonic for us. A simple word of encouragement from each other, a small gesture of "you did OK" with a pat on the back, and at the center of it all, the spirit shown by everyone last night was good. And this, is what I joined clubs like these for- the sense of camaraderie we share during and/or after such experiences, which ultimately, are nothing less than priceless.

Like our performance, the night can be considered as one that didn't pull as many people as the O-night, and a total failure if you are a sourpuss who can't see the half-full cup.
But as I've always said, you gotta look at the wider picture. In other words, accept the little things that have not lived up to standards; at the same time, take into account all the so easily overlooked details that was successfully pulled off by our student council. The overall organization, for one, was of the best quality. The seats arranged for the performers were good too.. Hehheh.. reminds me of form 2's "phantom of the opera" and its opera house. The seats we had were like the best boxes in the house XP.
Ooh, and those people who turned out, though not as strong in numbers, enjoyed themselves thoroughly.

Anyhow, who am I to pass judgments. We enjoyed ourselves, and that is the whole point!
We even had our own photography session (more like a photograph-snapping frenzy) in our ..erm.. dressing room? :P lol.. It was just a room not too far from the stage.
Photos should be in my possession by next monday. Photos in the next post lar~ :D

___________________________________________

DAMNIT! It is no secret that I have a penchant for being sick(particularly because of the flu virus) a couple of weeks before the finals. I'm down with the flu again!
As the consistency of this happening gets more and more evident with each passing semester, I come to realize that it is more of a curse than a string of coincidences. I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I am doomed to be a martyr to the common cold! (I can't find the post from my ex-blog... It should be somewhere in there. Somewhere.. grrr. can't find it)
Nothing can start to shape the hatred I feel towards the flu virus. Oooooooh ><, how I despise it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u performed?
u sang?! or danced ?