When you ask me about a smile, I'd say that it's radiant, wide, foolish, goofy and teeth-exposing. Something foolish... Then I'd think about that evergreen song by the Bee Gees, which in turn, would lead my thoughts upon the "groovy 70's" where our mum and dads were sporting tight eye-blinding hued, flippy-floppy collared shirts. And yes, they were dancing to "Stay in the light" under disco lights. >.< (I have no idea where this post is taking me as for once, I'm leaving it fence-less)
It's nice to find yourself lost in reverie every once in awhile; but too much of it can sometimes prove to be unhealthy. Why? Because you friggin cover yourself in that blanket of blissful ignorance while the world is melting away right under our feet. Before you know it, the missing ice cubes in the northernmost and southernmost ends of this place we call home will be gone, resulting in the chaotic change in the undersea currents, thus providing nature an excuse to wreck townships and metropolises. What's left for the future generations would be rubble, remnants of what was once a modern, advanced civilization etc etc....
Well, I've said it once(or twice) and I'll say it again: I'm the sort of person who looks at a glass half full. SO naturally, we have to try to look at the bright side. As nations are in 6s and 7s, and all the works are gummed- I'm hoping- so will racism, inferring that the general population will be too occupied with oh, idunno.. SURviving the next freak storm-cum-blizzard-cum-flash floods-cum-hurricane, they MIGHT just forget that they used to care about skin colour... The best picture would be that of those idiots(regardless of ethnic background) finally seeing the error of their silly chauvinistic ways.
I wonder if humans would all be blasted off into space in search for a new planet call home after one more century. HHmmm, just like in the movies. :P
Can we really bring the earth back to its healthy state? Is the global warming trend inexorable? It's all up to the current generation. Not a very inviting prospect for us who are gonna receive the baton from the baby boomers in the near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment