Prelude

This blog is a depiction of my life's past, present and possibly, future- when I decide to invent a time machine.

Greetings to anyone who made the effort to visit(And of course, to those who stumbled into this page totally by chance). So for those who are here reading this, please turn a blind eye to the occasional over-cheesy post and the inevitable typo errors.

Have a nice day!
(Note: Refer to bottom of page for the "Korean Culture Shock-Heads up!" section where I jot down little oddities or just interesting facts about Korea, Seoul and its denizens)

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Byebye

Now that the final book's been devoured and digested(adding some cud-chewing soon afterwards), a tinge of regret seemed to have found its way into me as I rushed through the 7th and last book a bit too fast for my own liking. Ahhhh, why didn't I slow down to savour every line, word, knowing that it's the last one? Whhhyy?? XO
No point ruing now, is there?

The first piercing emotion I felt after taking in the last line was that of disappointment which actually, can be expressed through a short, gasping sentence: "What?! It's over already?". Not that I'm disappointed because the story's bad; in fact, far from it, I love the book. But no matter how good the book is, it couldn't suppress that melancholic air that was jumbled with the satisfaction of placing the last piece of the jigsaw puzzle to complete the masterpiece. The result? A bittersweet aftertaste that will linger, for sure.

Taking in the whole picture of the fantasy world Rowling has painted, you gotta say that it has been one hell of a journey...
11 was the age I got my first Hp book, not that I read it right away. You see, the bookworm in me only started to gradually present itself when I was well into form2. It's hard to believe that now, on the threshold of my 20's, the last chapter of the Harry Potter saga can be found on bookshelves in any major bookstore across the globe.

It is like watching the last episode of a lovable TV sitcom, only a hundred-fold worse.
It's as if I'm watching Man Utd play their last game.. watching the trademark red jersey being donned by 11 men for the last time on the pitch, in that glorious stadium that had the honour of capturing truly magical moments weaved by the likes of Best, Cantona and Beckham (And yes, I'm pro-Beckham.. now that he finally had sense knocked into him and is taking full advantage of that large and almost bottomless reservoir of green across the Atlantic).
There may not be many similarities (if any at all for that matter) between "mud n' ball"* and the world of wizards and witches... it's just that I share the same amount of passion for both.

You gotta understand that some of us practically grew up with "the boy who lived". You can't really blame us for being a wee bit emotional as the whole thing's brought to a close. :P


Still, I believe that the day Harry Potter finally dies (in a book, in our hearts, whichever way)... is as tangible as the day muggles, i mean, humans stop slitting each other's throats.

___________________

This reminds me of that "american pie" song by Don Mclean:

And I sang,
Bye bye Miss American Pie,
Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry
Them good ol' boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singin' "this'll be the day that I die"
"This'll be the day that I die..."

You gotta admire the man who wrote this. Albeit only enlightened about the existence of this song a year ago, I find the song easily engaging and the lyrics, intriguing. To find out more about the erm.. varying theories and interpretations, click >here<
Wikipedia, what'd we be without it :P.

*mud n' ball- football
It's been a long time since this has been added to my lexicon. Darn, I miss the days we came up with our own vocab, including those nonsensical terms. SIgh...

No comments: