Prelude

This blog is a depiction of my life's past, present and possibly, future- when I decide to invent a time machine.

Greetings to anyone who made the effort to visit(And of course, to those who stumbled into this page totally by chance). So for those who are here reading this, please turn a blind eye to the occasional over-cheesy post and the inevitable typo errors.

Have a nice day!
(Note: Refer to bottom of page for the "Korean Culture Shock-Heads up!" section where I jot down little oddities or just interesting facts about Korea, Seoul and its denizens)

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Food and PRU(Pilihanraya Umum)

I'm a little pissed because I'm waiting for a couple of friends for dinner.

People tend to get upset and cranky when they're hungry.
This isn't a "urh.. maybe" or "could be".. It's human nature acting up. Maybe that's why people like to invite their future investors/partners in business across the discussion table for a talk over dinner.

I'm kind of stuck in this rut now... I'm still struggling to come to grips with the fact that I lack the regular spell of attention spans.

RAANDOM!!

bah...
on a different cloud,
The elections came and left most of us agape, staring wide eyed at the results of the recent Pilihanraya Umum. I've never felt so political
ized before :P. As we Malaysians know, the mainstream media has been (since forever) under the tight grip of our beloved BN government (who incidently, suffered the biggest loss in Malaysian history)
Hmmm, I WONDER WHY.
The papers (with the exception of Chinese and Tamil dailies) gave a ridiculously watered-down coverage on the Opposition rallies and ceramahs.

I know that I said I'm going to keep my opinions close to my chest.
I take that back.
In fact I want to retract what I said about Malaysians falling short of one of that vision pertaining to democratic maturity.

I was ecstatic when the person on TV said "Penang has fallen!".
Even more so when on AEC(Astro) the person on the line (who was in a polls center, observing the counting of votes) exclaimed in a hushed tone, obviously alarmed that it looks bad for the BN in Selangor. Right after RTM and TV3 confirmed that Penang has fallen to the opposition, news on the rest of the states that eventually fell into the hands of the PKR-DAP-PAS coalition came at a frustrating trickling pace. We waited up til 4am with only 5 state assembly seats from Selangor announced on national TV when all of a sudden, sis hollered from the study. The friggin results were out online!
5 States have been wrested from BN's clutches.

Gentleman of the day: Dr. Koh Tsu K of Gerakan. Remaining composed and keeping his emotions in check, he gave a short press release saying that he has conceded defeat and that he accepts the Rakyat's decision. He even called up the Opposition leader, ensuring that there'll be a smooth transition of power.

Mr Immature of the day: our beloved SAMMY. lol..

Confusing statement: On what he thinks of the coalition's loss of 4 more states. "Kalah kalahlah" by Pak Lah.

_______________________________________________________-

Aftermath.
State governments are being formed. Mentri Besars are being sworn in. Signs of squabbles are beginning to surface. The media is still biased.
Paper shredding in the Selangor state administration building :P.
One of the controversial ex Selangor politician died of a heart attack.
Reminds me of the scene in Fun with Dick and Jane.

Recommended sites:
Malaysia today, Malaysiakini
Read up articles and columns in malaysia today to arm yourself with knowledge. The ones that impressed me most were "troubling times", "Managing the burden of victory" and Raja Petra Kamarudin posts.

I feel so sleepy after dinner.
Well, at least I'm not cranky anymore.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'm a little pissed because I'm waiting for a couple of friends for dinner."

aha,u were a little pissed as u were waiting for me whom went for meeting just now.
Anyway,sorry for the late dinner.

XD

Alicia Chan said...

Licia was here!!!

dongui_1 said...

It's nothing lar... People get pissed even by the tiniest of details when their stomachs are in protest. heheh.

YAWN..

should just throw my laptop under the bed. >.<

Alicia Chan said...

haha don't throw your lappy under the bed. Throw it outside your window... More effective. LOL