The election campaign hit its peak yesterday.. while far away from the hubbub of the barnstorming opposition ceramahs, I was in the sanguine of our administrative capital.
The grass is moist.
A soothing breeze glazes across the water surface. In front of me, the large body of water ripples gently, splashing onto the rocky banks an inch or two from my feet. With my bag as a makeshift headrest, I lay there reminiscing as it's one thing I can openly admit to be considerably good at these days. Out of the corner of my eye, I catch a glimpse of someone at the bank some distance to my left.... one of the SLR carriers. It's like being in a dream. A dream that came to life once upon a time.
A pathway, the same one trodden on by these two feet together with you by my side.
As I sit here, allowing my emotions to slow dance along with the chirping of birds, I feel the water's calm.
One of the tour boats passed.
I stood. Relinquishing the prospect of ever reliving the dream.
Just then, the violent ripples caused by the boat lapped onto the bank... sending splashes on the ground I lay on just a few seconds ago.
I don't know why I get so emotional...
I don't want to be a helpless romantic.
Nothing makes sense when you're in the shoes of one.
No conditions are required.
It's just complete absorption of the mind on the single thing that makes it worthwhile(for being a HR)
Walk away, Quiwan... See the light that has been shining on you all the while.
Don't dwell.
[I posted this late because I got caught up in the sweeping change that's been dubbed "Malaysia's political Tsunami"]
No comments:
Post a Comment