Prelude

This blog is a depiction of my life's past, present and possibly, future- when I decide to invent a time machine.

Greetings to anyone who made the effort to visit(And of course, to those who stumbled into this page totally by chance). So for those who are here reading this, please turn a blind eye to the occasional over-cheesy post and the inevitable typo errors.

Have a nice day!
(Note: Refer to bottom of page for the "Korean Culture Shock-Heads up!" section where I jot down little oddities or just interesting facts about Korea, Seoul and its denizens)

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

8th of July post

Last week, on the 7th day of self-imposed quarantine*, I fell sick. Being stuck with sore throat, elevated body temp and the usual flu symptoms for a few days provided us with a wonderful H1N1 scare. If you ask me, the flu situation here has been blown waay out of proportion, this is in comparison to western countries where they don't even encourage face-masks. Then again, at least we're pulling out all the stops to stymie the spread while keeping the body bag count at zero. I have no qualms about following some tedious procedure if it were to be helpful in keeping us alive. (heh.. KIASI a.k.a takut mati punya> Malaysians)

While I was sick (SORE THROAT especially), I contemplated doing what people do during wine-tasting sessions. If you don't already know, allow me to enlighten you now by simplifying wine tasting into "mouthful of wine, play around with it in mouth, SPIT. (This is so that you won't get too drunk by the end of the session AND so that you'll be able to make the most out of it by tasting more wine). So yeah, I was thinking along the lines of.. Oh, I dunno.. maybe.. Biting food, chewing, SPITting. THAT way, I wouldn't have to damage my throat even more! Great Idea right?!? (will come back to that.. eventually)

Food phobia is the last thing you'd expect me to develop, but when you take into account how unpredictable our world can be these days, you should expect the unexpected, even if it's just for a couple of days. Like SKIMcepatkaya/getrichquick schemes. [on hindsight, I have no idea how skimcepatkaya has anything to do with this post] Back to my case, I felt obliged (cus of the amount of shit i've put my throat thru last week) to give food a skip whenever I could for a couple of days after I recovered. It HURT like hell whenever I tried to swallow anything. One thing's for sure after those two days... they certainly weren't the best days of my life.

Then there was the sailing in uncharted waters whereby yours truly tried sticking alien objects into his eye. NOT one of my favourite past-times. Took me quite awhile to get the hang of it.

Work has been tiring. Been coming home spent. So much so that you wouldn't even bother to give your post a spell check if you were to own a blog and have just completed typing out a post. Or a proper blog title for that matter.

No comments: