Prelude

This blog is a depiction of my life's past, present and possibly, future- when I decide to invent a time machine.

Greetings to anyone who made the effort to visit(And of course, to those who stumbled into this page totally by chance). So for those who are here reading this, please turn a blind eye to the occasional over-cheesy post and the inevitable typo errors.

Have a nice day!
(Note: Refer to bottom of page for the "Korean Culture Shock-Heads up!" section where I jot down little oddities or just interesting facts about Korea, Seoul and its denizens)

Friday, July 17, 2009

Note- an apologetic one

Someone once said that I apologize too much. It was food for thought at that time as I've never thought of myself as someone who apologizes too much. It's one of those things that would not cause one to raise an eyebrow ...unless you're also fussy about shampooing first or washing yourself with soap first during a shower.

Been listening to red.fm every morning and evening while driving to work (and back). Particularly love their programme with non-stop music (without blardy adverts and long-winded DJs who love mispronouncing 'compilation' as com-pile-a-tion). Not that I'm trying to promote their station here. It's just that I've been wondering why radio channels don't do this often enough. A rhetorical question of course, cus everyone knows that the answer goes something like 'RINGG-it'. Ok, that was a half-hearted, failed attempt to make you laugh.

See, the reason behind the effort of making you feel better. FYI, laughter has been proven by researchers to be the essential ingredient to help you live a healthy and extra long life filled with money trees and happiness. It's interesting to note that they could be the same researchers who are constantly telling us that sex is good in reducing your chances in catching the flu. Many of you may have heard or came across this header in a magazine or newspaper, and I'm sure about 75% of you have got only half of the picture. You see, what the article actually says (IF YOU READ beyond the interesting title- WHICH I DID... but only after coming across the same article for the umpteenth time) is that studies show that people who get it on a certain number of times per week usually fare better in avoiding the flu than those who do it less. AND. if you do it more than the "certain number of times" mentioned earlier, you're actually more susceptible to the common cold than anyone else.

What I'm trying to imply here, has nothing to do with your past, current or future sexual behaviours, but instead, puts the spotlight on the fact that these "studies" can be pretty misleading sometimes (for the lazy reader).

Oh gosh, got carried away a little. ANYWAYS, I was saying that an ample amount of laughter, or any symptoms synonymous with "feeling good" should always be present before dumping something hard to digest onto the unexpected.

So yeah, I apologize for not being a good friend to many whom I have not met since coming back. Pretty tough to make full use of my time back here while working 5.5 days a week. Then again, this could be bull. Bull or no bull, it sure sounds better than "er.. I'm lazy". :X

No comments: