Prelude

This blog is a depiction of my life's past, present and possibly, future- when I decide to invent a time machine.

Greetings to anyone who made the effort to visit(And of course, to those who stumbled into this page totally by chance). So for those who are here reading this, please turn a blind eye to the occasional over-cheesy post and the inevitable typo errors.

Have a nice day!
(Note: Refer to bottom of page for the "Korean Culture Shock-Heads up!" section where I jot down little oddities or just interesting facts about Korea, Seoul and its denizens)

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Itch and "The JY Incident"

My skin is itching like a b*tch. It's been like this since... It's been like this for quite awhile. And by that, I don't mean a few weeks. We're talking about months and years.
Description: Whenever I scratch my skin, it tends to swell up. This can be accentuated when I begin to scratch, resulting in lines upon lines of swollen skin, not to mention the blotches too.
I can narrow the possible reasons down to 2:
1) I'm allergic to something which triggers the itchy reaction.
2) My skin's just over-sensitive.

Will ask the doctor when I go in for my cholesterol and uric acid test next week.
_______________________________________


It was just like any other lecture-free day in Leeds. I was lying like a piece of log on the bed at 9am in the morning. Honestly, who the heck wakes up before 9 on a holiday. Anyway, I woke up to some sort of commotion outside. Frankly, it's still all a blur to me, but after gathering and piecing together information given by various sources, I've come to this final edit of the day's flow of events. So yeah, I woke up because someone was making quite a lot of noise. Disrupting my beauty sleep on a holiday morning usually gets me a wee bit cranky. Usually. This time, though, the circumstances gave the people responsible an exception pass.

I was hearing Jeremy's panicky voice. Words (I think) I managed to catch was "JiaYing- collapsed- Is she alright?!". One could even go as far to say that I kinda got the idea of what was happening before I actually lifted an eyelid. You see, JY- my neighbour- collapsed that eventful morning. According to her, both of her legs just switched off and with the help of ZY and CZhong, she was on her bed with her lifeless legs the next minute. Being the busybodies/concerned neighbours that we were, Germ and I made our way downstairs to check on her. It dawned on us that this could be something serious the minute they told us that she couldn't move her legs. If I'm not mistaken, she was having shortness of breath too. Curious to note that the hallway was dark... why weren't the lights on? Were they saving electricity? Darn, it just hit me that I won't be neighbours with them anymore next semester. That's a bummer.

ANYWAY, long story short, we booked a cab and brought her to the Student Medical Practice. Her entourage included quite a number of us (6? 7?). I felt that people were giving us weird stares. Yes, go on, stare at the asian parade. FORTUNATELY, the doctor said that it wasn't too serious. Actually, she later explained that the doctor wasn't too sure as to what caused her sudden collapse as by the time it was her turn, she could already walk (albeit groggily).

After the visit to the student medical practice, we decided to have something to eat at The Eldon- the pub 15 steps away from our main door. Some photos will be uploaded together with this post. Oh, I think we said goodbye to Adam that morning too. He was taking a flight back to KL for his Easter break. Lucky B8star0. He went on to tag all of us in his mamak meal photos on facebook. = . = EVIL.

This is Jet.





Anxious looks on their faces while waiting for JY to come out of the doctor's office.















Lunch time. (Neil's hair was long. wow.)















The star of the day :P. JY, looking relaxed with ZY beside her.

No comments: