Prelude

This blog is a depiction of my life's past, present and possibly, future- when I decide to invent a time machine.

Greetings to anyone who made the effort to visit(And of course, to those who stumbled into this page totally by chance). So for those who are here reading this, please turn a blind eye to the occasional over-cheesy post and the inevitable typo errors.

Have a nice day!
(Note: Refer to bottom of page for the "Korean Culture Shock-Heads up!" section where I jot down little oddities or just interesting facts about Korea, Seoul and its denizens)

Friday, May 09, 2008

Last semester on home ground

1st week of my last semester here is coming to a close.
Generally, the 5 days have been fairly relaxed. The lecturers are warming up to us, Mr M is as horny as ever, YM is self-praising again, *klok* shen lost his jersey (updated: AND shoes, just this morning), ass is still an ass, the flame is still burning, and my horrible haircut has officially been awarded the "Disaster" title.

Lots of people say things about studying here. Especially on the lack of entertainment outlets.
Yes, that is in a way, true as I am proud to point out that the closest mall equipped with a proper cinema is in Putrajaya's Alamanda. Then again, if you work out the math...

Inti, Nilai- Alamanda = 20 mins
Home- closest movie theatre = 20mins.
Home- movie theatres in KL that we usually go for a sit-in = 35mins

Entertainment isn't THAT far away.

Besides that, the distance just gives us the perfect excuse to save petrol, time and energy while indulging ourselves in the cheapest form of entertainment- the good-ol' kopitiam chitchat a.k.a. chui sui (direct translation: blow water)


Though it's fun, we do need the occasional trip to KL or Seremban or (updated!) Putrajaya to keep our needs satisfied. Remember Maslow's Theory? We all have needs that have to be fulfilled for optimum motivation(in this case, to motivate us for our studies :P).


On another (more serious) matter,
I'm in a quandary It's a direct toss-up between the University of Leeds and Birmingham. Who to choose?? The offer letters are all in. I've narrowed it down to this two. Cardiff accepted me into its SECOND year. WTH.. I'm already in my second year, so ...bah..

Going to Leeds will be slightly cheaper because of its bursaries. Birmingham has higher requirements (which I am optimistically confident in fulfilling) but higher fees even after discount when i stack them together.
As for the university environment... well, I receive different feedbacks from different people on both Universities. Don't look at me as if it's MY fault they are doing an Oballary where the "Hillary" side keeps escaping elimination by the skin of her teeth and the Obama side is constantly denied a confirmed victory.
Nevertheless, I have to finalize my decision on my firm and insurance choice by the end of next week. (actual due date is early June)

Best of luck for those who have taken their resits
and
Happy mother's day in advance!

No comments: