
Two nights ago, I had a reunion with 6G classmates of 2000, Lick Hung. It was like watching a really old episode of Friends (saaaay, when Rachel and Ross aren’t going out with each other yet). Before the meeting, expectations weren’t that high on my side as I’ve heard many accounts of not-so-successful, or downright FAILURES of gatherings. Fortunately, the reunion turned out fairly good, with the highest attendance since... well, since school! I do not know how it feels to be in the middle of one of those horrible reunion stories where awkwardness and cockiness rule the day; and hopefully, I won’t have to find out.
Sigh* primary education...*Picture a coffee table overlooking the lush mountains. Some birds are chirping, an eagle’s distant cry reaches the ears. A strand of hair flipping in the wind while I bite on a cigar, book in hand, and then the impassive expression widens into a smile, as if the memory itself evoked a mild sense of resent but then turned into sweet tastes of heaven: Behind the barrage of canes, strict rules, “lu jun zhuang” a.k.a. army haircut and homework by the 10s (daily!), I do recall more fun and joy, Ah Niu songs, sharing of innocent encounters (save for *EHEM* someone), battle of the sexes, knowledge gained, and not to forget the stories some teachers like to tell us. What ever happened to Ms Mary Ng?
All I can say is that the school put us through a baptism of fire of sorts to which we will forever be grateful.

Comment on photos: EH, why the 1st photo got some random girl's head inside!
2nd one: Ian displays his killer si-si posing skills.


No comments:
Post a Comment