This morning, I awoke to a subtle dose of sunshine through the window. See, you don't really get a lot of sunshine if you hang your laundry where the curtains are supposed to be.
Watched the new episode of heroes, went back to sleep, got up to make myself some hot milo, checked mail... *sparing you the details of an uneventful morning*
Results were released yesterday. I sent a home-bound sms (informing them about my results), knowing that it was safe to do so without risking virtual cyber kicks in the arse and possibly a stem in monetary aid into my bank account.
What ensued were pats on the back that I don't think I deserve for letting loose an opportunity to stand out... but then again, that could be just me being overly demanding.
Strangely, the pats on the back came together with news of the political situation back home. Should've known that dad would follow the happenings in the Silver State as he's a registered Perak voter.
Though, the 411 was unnecessary as I had already been following the Perak political crisis for awhile. That was before I very recently (about an hour ago) submitted all hope that PR will get their gov. back. Despite their bravery (or blatant treachery? Depends on which side you're on) in defying Perak's Sultan and the big ol' BN, I don't think their resistance will bear fruit. As RPK says here in his latest post, all the PR government can do now is to take this down as a lesson. You've lost the battle, but the war's victor has not been decided yet. I highly doubt that victory has squiggled out of the PR's grasps.
If there's anything that vaguely resembles a silver lining in this, it is for the courts to rule that the defectors are no longer state assembly members. Even then, pinning our hopes on the dubious resignation letters (which we all know, were signed to anticipate exactly THIS) seems to me like false hope. It's like hoping for char kuey teow stalls and chendol vendors in Leeds- stupendously unlikely.
Politics aside now, I have been cooped up indoors for the last 24 hours. I contribute this to 2 main reasons:
The temperature outside
and..
The temperature outside.
I must say that cold weather is PERFECT for snuggling up in bed under layers of duvet. Like those rainy saturday mornings back home. Nothing like the bite of sub-zero temperatures to dissuade me from leaving the house, eh?
Then I remembered that I have a shift at the hotel later. 7-8 hours of manual labour, here i come!
Craaaaaaap.
Fooey -.=.
2 comments:
'shift at the hotel'? u're working now too?
yeah... just part-time..
Post a Comment