Prelude

This blog is a depiction of my life's past, present and possibly, future- when I decide to invent a time machine.

Greetings to anyone who made the effort to visit(And of course, to those who stumbled into this page totally by chance). So for those who are here reading this, please turn a blind eye to the occasional over-cheesy post and the inevitable typo errors.

Have a nice day!
(Note: Refer to bottom of page for the "Korean Culture Shock-Heads up!" section where I jot down little oddities or just interesting facts about Korea, Seoul and its denizens)

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

(Don't) be happy with what you have

 You know how people tend to turn down/get turned down by their dates because so and so doesn't fit their ideal partner description or that they "just want someone to accept them for who they are"? Well, I'm of the opinion that it's better to throw this mindset out the window because, heck, you don't and shouldn't expect people to want to go out with someone carrying that watermelon belly/ panda eyes/ overly-emotional aura/ depression/ smelly feet/ bad breath/ bad sense of fashion hanging over you like a dark cloud. When it comes to this, self-reflection and a systematic course of action to tackle your issues would be the wiser path, as opposed to dishing out that Easy Way Out express-pass by saying "Oh, I just want someone to accept me for who I am!". It may seem slightly harsh, but it's times like these that you've gotta push that helpless romantic back and make room for a more commanding realist. So whatever it is you choose to do, be it working out, seeing a psychiatrist, seeing a doctor, improving your personal hygiene or even doing a little bit of wardrobe shopping, good luck!


I hate to admit it, but that's a reality check for you*. Someday, when I'm old and grey, I'll probably look back and see how stupid this was and that I have wasted my youth being someone I'm not.

Hear that squishy noise? 

That's Society rubbing it in. Har har.


Scoreline:
Social Norm- 9999
Q               - 0 






*By you, I meant me. This monologue thing isn't weird at all.

2 comments:

zahirah ardy said...

hey hey i like this post! :D

dongui_1 said...

Thx :). Wah Zahirah, masih ade masa utk baca blog?