Prelude

This blog is a depiction of my life's past, present and possibly, future- when I decide to invent a time machine.

Greetings to anyone who made the effort to visit(And of course, to those who stumbled into this page totally by chance). So for those who are here reading this, please turn a blind eye to the occasional over-cheesy post and the inevitable typo errors.

Have a nice day!
(Note: Refer to bottom of page for the "Korean Culture Shock-Heads up!" section where I jot down little oddities or just interesting facts about Korea, Seoul and its denizens)

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mind over matter

Of all the times I've sat myself down and decide to ramble on about stuff on this blog, this must be the post that is created at the weirdest hour. It's now 7am. I have not slept due to... certain influences. *wink*

There's something called "The Placebo Effect" which refers to the prescription, by qualified doctors or researchers, of pills that are inert, meaning the pills/medication received by patients or research participants are nothing more than TicTacs. Yes, yes, many of you must've probably heard about this through one of those medical drama series. The thing with this is that it goes against their Hippocratic Oath, hence discouraging practicing doctors from actually using this method. Something to do while you're bored: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzjoKhBklYg

Power of suggestion. Mind over matter. Call it whatever you like, it's undeniable that if one manages to assume considerable control over one's psyche, spiritual and physical "enlightment" would be within his/her grasp. All this mumbo jumbo aside, I believe that to a certain extent, if you conquer your mind, things would probably go easier when you're executing tasks.

____________________________

That was yesterday's oddly timed morning post. For some reason, didn't publish it straight away. Probably forgot due to the headache that was kind of a huge distraction.

Note: This fear of rejection, fear of failure.. has to go. If it keeps up, I'll never be able to advance past this barrier.

No comments: