 |
| After giving instructions to the international students, the ice-breaking game of Human Bingo was underway. It was kinda tough to shout out to so many of them from one floor above. |
So right, to pick off where I left off, Mid October 2009 was pretty awesome too. Semester was just beginning and I was busying myself with activity after activity with MASSoc and friends. It was amazing that I managed to find time for work at all.
 |
| A street performer and his victim. Location: Leeds City Center (I think it was on Briggate) |
 |
| Night out with L, Soph and Liz |
 |
| At the Old Bar |
 |
| Colleagues from Queens Hotel, Leeds. |
 |
| My attempt at frying banana fritters/pisang goreng. |
 |
| Small house party @ Jesse's. One of the few dudes with whom I've managed to stay in touch since 2008's fresher's week. |
 |
| Jesse's coin collection |
 |
| Ma Prez: Jeremy Lim having teh tarik in London. |
 |
| What looks like a typical malaysian warong just happens to be one of the very few in London. Location: Malaysian Halls, Queensborough Terrace |
 |
| This was the accommodation provided for Jeremy and I at the Malaysian Halls, London, for the UKEC AGM. Jerm and I, being the Prez n VP for Uni of Leeds Massoc, were delegates at the interesting gathering of Malaysian students in UK. |
 |
| They take their job seriously at UKEC. As delegates, most of us do to! |
 |
| Didn't take many photos there lest I attract creepy stares from people (Note guy in the bottom right corner). Hung on the wall were portraits of our respectable leaders from the past. Delegates from 30ish universities were present if I can remember correctly. |
 |
| Proud to have a pretty tag for being one of the 2 delegates from Uni of Leeds's Massoc. |
 |
Jet's birthday. Location: Red Chili's
You see, I do not carry my camera around, and thus only rely on my phone to take lousy pictures during moments like these. I miss the friends I've made in Uni. People from the spenceley gang, massoc committee (old, older and new), Civ Eng coursemates, M-Night peeps, random ppl like Owdray, Farah, Poay, AK, the Hopkinsons, BBCJasonHo, law/Bar Red ppl, my travelling companions to spain/portugal, Chew fatt, the samara gang, zehan (should've hung out more right?), dance partner Sathya, mech gang... etc. Mentioning them like this doesn't really do them justice for what they've done as friends to make my stay in Leeds enjoyable and worthwhile. To whoever you are, know that you will stay fresh in my memory ;). Lotsa love from me to you. |
 |
| Jet and Karen would soon go on to open their own petting zoo at Eldon Court, Leeds. Boobie was the 1st. While Bibi came not long after... (I'm going to steal a couple of pics from facebook now as I don't have pics of Boobie :P) |
01.jpg) |
| Boobie the guinea pig. Location: Under my bed. Parents: Jet Eng and Karen Chang |
02.jpg) |
| Boobie in its cage at Samara when mummy was abroad and papa had nothing else to do. (Boobie photos courtesy of CH) |
 |
| Malaysian Nottingham Games. The largest gathering of Malaysian students in the UK I think. 31/10/2010. Leeds Massoc had a record number of students attending. which was why we had to arrange 2 double decker buses to ferry us there. (One of them broke down =.=... which caused a little bit of delay) |
 |
| Nottingham campus. I see Matt giving a double-peace. Bumped into YuanDong, Justin, GaryNg and a few other SU-ians here at the Malaysian Food fair too. |
 |
| Fei and his brow @ Notts campus. We walked about the campus with our guide and then explored the city a little. |
 |
| Refueled here. Mmmmm. Location: Somewhere in Notts city centre. |
 |
| Part Mech gang(KarMan,Fei, Gardek, Weewen, Matt, Aliaa, Zehan, Sathes) Ft. LimY (guy infront), our guide (J Hwan- 2nd from left) and myself @ the Uni of Nottingham. |
Before I end this post, it was in October, 2 or 3 days before Halloween when Massoc had its Halloween Party that the strange appearance of "the shark" happened. Until this day, no one knows how the shark turned up at N's apartment. More on the shark in the next MoL (Memories of Leeds) post.
 |
| The Shark |
TBC with Dec 09 and Jan 10.
No comments:
Post a Comment